Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Decriptive Essay: Don't You Forget About Me


Most people consider highschool as one of the best years of their life. I, myself, also agree with this statement. This essay shows that graduation from highschool may signal the end of my adolescent life but also signals the transition towards a new chapter in my life.

The day started out like any other. It was calm with lulling silence that makes me want to go back to bed, but also overflowing with anxiety that is about to explode. As I was about to leave the house, I brushed my hands unto the skirt of my uniform, looked at myself in front of the mirror and unhurriedly scrutinized myself wearing the black and white uniform, I slowly cupped my hands around my eyes and clicked my tongue, pretending to take a picture of myself wearing my uniform for the last time. A I arrived at our school, I started to feel the anxiety kicking in. It was a weird feeling for me because I have never felt anything like this. As I reached my seat, my heart could not stand still, and I could not help but fidget. I felt like I was doing these things unconsciously. I rubbed my hands together and felt like my skin was cold as ice and clammy. Panic was becoming my state of mind, as if it was difficult to breathe and the back of my throat felt like as if a monster was crawling up and about it. At last, my name was called. Standing alone above the stage made me nervous than I was. But all these feelings went out in a snap when my parents came up the stage and congratulated me. It seemed like my mom and dad's smile and warm hugs helped me ease the nervousness I was feeling. Then came the end of my graduation. At long last the tears came, flowing down my cheeks like hot streaks. I closed my throat, damming up the flood of sadness I felt. I swiftly grabbed my friends into an enormous hug, with nowhere to escape and no space to breathe. It felt like I held them in my arms forever but it seemed like it was not enough. As the night was coming to an end and slowly as I walk unto the pavement of the school grounds, with tears tapered off and my breathing ease, peace slowly stole over me as I walked out of the gate for the last time.

With the support of my family and friends, who has always been there for me through thick and thin, I was able to enjoy my highschool life with no regrets and only with happy memories.



Reflection:
This essay made me look back at one of the most memorable moments in my life. Also, through this essay, I was able to practice my skills in expressing myself much more descriptively. Writing this essay was fun! I was able to play with words and be creative ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment